Tuesday, September 30, 2008

AF Close Out 08

Wade is in the midst of the Air Force Year-End Close-Out season. Every year since we have been married September is a long month for us. As the month of September comes closer to the end, Wade's days get longer and longer to the point that I hardly see him at all the last 2 weeks of the Sept. He comes rolling in well after bedtime even when I am in la la land (which if you know me, you know I do not go to bed until late, normally around midnight) and he catches a few zzz's himself and then he is up early again and off to work before I get to see him. Our talks consist of catching up over the phone here and there or taking dinner up to his office and spending a quick 30 minutes with him in the midst of the chaos. With K in our lives, it is a little more challenging for us as she ages. Keeping her time occupied and busy as well as her mind can be a task in itself plus she misses her daddy a lot during the month. Wade worked on Saturday from 9am until 4pm as well so she truly loses out on daddy time during this month every year.

I called my parents at the beginning on the month and asked if they would consider driving in for this weekend because I knew how busy Wade would be and I knew K and I would LOVE a visit from Mimi and Papa. They did drive in on Friday afternoon and we all had a blast! I enjoy seeing K with her grandparents. You can see on her little face how much she loves her family especially her grandparents. She gets sooo excited to see them and says..."I can't wait, I can't wait" while running through the house before they get here. It really is sweet and cute! It is too bad that we do not live in the same town. She really misses out on many opportunities to share some special moments with those that are dear. No opportunities for a quick little outing or a fun afternoon or morning with her grandparents or even spending the night while mommy and daddy go have some alone time. These are memories I have with my grandparents and I really love thinking back on them...days or nights spent sewing or painting with my Nana or messing around in my grandpas vegetable garden. Picking up nuts or cracking them. Smelling the delicious foods cooking in the kitchen and waiting for the pies, cookies or cakes...umm. the memories! Oh, I was dreaming, sorry, back to last weekend. It was a low key all around good weekend well, minus my allergy problems. Thanks for coming to see us & help mom & dad. We love you and K misses you lots! It was fun!!!

No comments:

background