Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Taking a Break...

What a Spring Break!

My favorite part was not having ANYTHING to do. No schedules! Yippee!!!
I Love life that way. Go with the flow. Free as a bird.

I don't even think I need to ask my little one what her favorite part of the week was. I am almost positive she will say seeing Mimi and Papa, swimming in their (heated) pool and playing in the snow. Did I just say swimming in the pool and playing in the snow. YEP! I sure did. Nuts I say, nuts I say! Leave it to the Texas weather to throw us a curve.

Tuesday we drove to mom and dads. It was a C~R~A~Z~Y W~E~T R~A~I~N~Y D~R~I~V~E! I cannot stress that enough too. crazy wet rainy drive! I do not know how many road miles I have had in my life but I was sooo ready to pull my hair out trying to get to D@llas this time. It took us almost six and a half hours to get there. The issue - some semi-truck driver had a wreck in T*mple and that SHUT THE WHOLE INTERSTATE DOWN! ‹(•¿•)› I was stuck for an hour and a half on the road with my "baby girl" and my two little dogs all by myself (I can hear Wade mimicking me now). We sat on 35 with absolutely NO movement until I could not handle it anymore. I called my dad and then Wade and begged for them to get me out of the mess!!! Why I did not have our GPS unit, I don't know! I'll blame that one on Wade! hehe All I wanted to do was get out of the car once we hit T*mple but it was raining and who wants to deal with wet dogs, and a wet momma, and a wet child while traveling! BUT, .·:*¨¨*:·. Wade came to the rescue.·:*¨¨*:·. He found a road that headed west and then north and then east until I was back on 35 again (all back country roads). WHEW! Just thinking about it is making me tired. That little jog took some extra time but it was so much better than sitting in the traffic. I would probably still be sitting there Wednesday morning if I had not taken the road less traveled. I should have guessed it was a really bad accident when the interstate were shut down, the side access roads were bumper to bumper, gas stations were full and restaurants were busy in T*mple Tx. We lived though and I had one crazy child by the time we got to D@llas. She shot like a rocket firework out of the car as soon as she could open the door and it took her quite awhile to calm down for bedtime.

It rained all day Tuesday. Here in SA that is, not in the Big D. It was gorgeous when we pulled in the driveway at 7pm in DFW. Wednesday K played in the park next door to my parents house and she met some really nice kids. Then she asked her Papa the question I knew was coming. ~~~Can we get in the pool?~~~ Now please know my parents have not had the heater on in probably three or four years. Sure enough, dad worked on it some and by Thursday... K was swimming in March! Oh and I think I need swim lessons again! That kid stays under the water more than she is on top and it scares me to death! She even wanted to have dinner outside that night but when it was 60 something outside and the wind was blowing, I'm not sure its such a great idea kiddo.

Friday we spent the day visiting with family. My aunt Tina and my uncle Brian came into town Thursday. Brian had a follow up appointment at B@ylor and after their long day they decided to stay the night at moms. It was won der ful seeing them. Brian amazes me! He is truly a walking, talking miracle. We were so excited to see them and congratulate them because they had just received great news that afternoon. Brian's tests results were awesome! The doctors found no new tumors. Absolutely none. There was also no re-growth of the tumor in the affected area and a previously identified area of concern appeared to be translucent and possibly even disappearing. PRAISE THE LORD!!! The doctors gave him a prognosis characteriz​ed as being in a 'Stable Disease' state. The combination of the NovoCure device plus chemo appear to be working. We have been blessed. God has been wonderful to our family. I wish I had taken a few pictures of him but I was too busy jabbering the whole time to stop and think about taking any. Our family is one of those that gets together and laughs and teases non-stop. We reminiscence and giggle at all the dummy things we have done. Brian, thanks for being such a good sport and entertaining and listening to my non stop spirited child. She loved seeing you guys and so did I.

Love ya dad! These were such great pics that I had to post them. Thanks for being such a great sport!!!

Kyle and Heather also came in Friday evening. Of course, they were too good for us. They had tickets to see the Bl@ck Eyed Pe@s so they dropped off their VERY pregnant Yorkie and headed out for the evening. Family versus Bl@ck Eyed Pe@s...I mean come on! We are so much better than the Bl@ck Eyed Pe@s!!! So jealous they went to the concert by the way! But I did get to bond with one very prego and sweet puppy. Congrats to you two. They are proud parents of two baby Yorke's now. Lilli had them on Tuesday. I know you were so disappointed mom that you did not get to witness that event. Bahahaha

Saturday was busy shopping with my SIL. Heather and I did our usual. We do what I would call perfecting our shopping skills. We are great at checking out our favorite shops and picking up a few things here and there! It was a little more challenging this time though. We had a little four year old GLUED to Heather. I wonder who that was? K "loves" her aunt Heather, that is for sure!

By Saturday the weather was frigid and around 10pm it was lightly snowing! Not sticking but snowing. That was the fourth time this year that Dallas has had snow. A snowfall record year. I knew Sunday morning I would have one very excited girl one my hands when I let the dogs out for their last call Saturday night and the table, chairs and trees were covered with snow. So, on Sunday. We were suppose to travel back home but between the cold weather, the lack of warm clothing and the snow and major winds, I was not about to drive home by myself with two little dogs and a spirited child. I was Not taking my chances this time. We decided to stay one more day and let the traffic clear up and let the animal run in the snow. Oh yeah! I mean my child run in the snow. Just for the record, I cannot recall a spring break E V E R that it snowed. Almost 20 plus years of living around that area and the only time I was around snow on spring break was while skiing in Color@do.

Thank goodness I was inside shooting pics in the window because this girl was on a mission. Oh! and look. Do you see Wade in this lil girl?

Throwing snowballs into the pool.

Best way to clean off the furniture...bring out the four year old.

Building what was called a Table Snowman.

What a memorable trip. Hope you all had a great break too!

No comments: